ANTIGONE VS. THE PEOPLE OF THE PHILIPPINES
Ateneo Old Comm Black Box Theater (2019)
Photos by Nate Bosano
‘Antigone vs. the People of the Philippines’ is an adaptation of Sophocles’ Antigone using concepts from Bertolt Brecht’s Epic Theatre and Augusto Boal’s Forum Theatre. ‘Antigone vs. the People of the Philippines’ equates the setting of Thebes to the Philippines, and puts Antigone on trial, alongside her family in a People’s court.
The end of the play is determined through votation by the audience, which acts as the jury for the trial.
- Adapter: Sabrina Basilio, devised with the company of 'Antigone vs. the People of the Philippines'
- Director: Tara Jamora Oppen
- Projection Designer: Zoe De Ocampo
- Sound Designer: Krina Cayabyab
- Lighting Designers: Earvin Estioco and Miguel Torralba
- Production Designer: Tata Tuviera
- Movement Designer: Jomelle Era
- Asst. Movement Designer: CJ Lubangco
- Cast: Robby Fernandez, Eliezha Nicole de Duque, Julia Imai, Jam Binay, Bea Gaitana, Gevin, Joey Madarang, Kyle Tan, Ram Catan, Deivid Encarnacion, Lars Salamante, Luigi Antonio Santos, Pauline Matabang, Binene Dator, Adrianna Lopez, Carmen Dolina, Kim Donato, Jaennina Gangat, Iago Guballa, Angela Lanuza, Rye Cosca, Maika Daupan, Andre Enriquez